Our Chapter wants to be the best in the lodge and changes will be coming this August. Some of the changes are:
- We will return having our chapter meetings separate from Round Table. We meet on the 3rd Thursday of the mouth at East Gwinnett Church of Christ, 1736 Sever Rd, Lawrenceville, GA 30043 (map) 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM.
- We will have more fun at meetings including Guest Speakers and Demonstrations.
- We will have better turn out at Lodge functions.
- We will field a first-class Chapter Ceremony Team.
- We will return the Black Bear to its rightful home.
The attached files are to help with running a Troop Visitation and Election.
Download or view Election Video: 2016_lodge_unit_elections_hq.mp4
Download or view Election Video: Old OA Video.mp4
The attachment below is the official Cub Scout Crossover Ceremony Script
Our cgapter is running the fall 2016 Apalachee Camporee. We need as many Arrowmen as possible to provide a quality event. Please support your Chapter and District. To receive your staff shirt you must pay for it at the August Chapter meeting.
The Canantutlaga Chapter holds unit elections yearly from August - April of every year.
OA Membership Requirements
To be considered edible for membership in the Order of the Arrow you must:
- Be a registered member of a Boy Scout troop or team
- After registration with a troop or team, have experienced 15 days and nights of Boy Scout camping during the two-year period prior to the election. The 15 days and night must include one, but no more than one, long-term camp consisting of six consecutive days and five nights of resident camping, approved and under the auspices and standards of the Boy Scout of America. The balance of the camping must be overnight, weekend, or other short-term camps.
- Youth must be under the age of 21, hold the BSA First Class rank or higher, and following approval by the Scoutmaster or Varsity team Coach, be elected by the youth members of their troop or team.
- Adults (age 21 or older) who are registered in the BSA and meet the camping requirements may be selected following nomination to the lodge adult selection committee. Adult selection is based on their ability to perform the necessary functions to help the Order fulfil its purpose, and is not for recognition of service, including current or prior positions. Selected adults must be as asset to the Order because of demonstrated abilities, and must provide a positive example for the growth and development of the youth members of the lodge.
Recommending Unit and District/Council Adults
Each year, upon holding a troop or team election for youth candidates which results in at least one youth candidate being elected, the unit committee may nominate adults for consideration as candidates for membership in the Order of the Arrow.
Note: for adults who were inducted into the Order of the Arrow (i.e., completed their OA Ordeal) as youth members, they need not be nominated as adults. To restart their OA membership, they need only pay their annual dues to the lodge and update their contact information.
The number of adults nominated can be no more than one third of the number of youth candidates elected, rounded up where the number of youth candidates is not a multiple of three. In addition to the one third limit, the unit committee may nominate the currently serving unit leader (but not assistant leaders) provided the individual has served in that capacity for at least the previous 12 months. To nominate a unit adult fill out the Unit Adult Nomination Form.
Additionally, the District Chair (on behalf of the Apalachee District Committee), the Council President, Scout Executive, the Lodge Adviser or professional staff, may nominate adults to the Lodge Adult Selection Committee by filling out the District/Council Adult Nomination Form. Adults may be nominated on one time each year as either a unit Scouter or district/council Scouter, but not both. How they are nominated depends on where they maintain their primary registration. More information on Adult Membership Qualifications is available in the OA Guide for Officers and Advisers.
Request an OA Unit Election
To request a unit election please click on Request an OA Election, and submit a request to the Canantutlage Chapter. A member of the Canantutlaga election team will contact you short to arrange the details for an election.
Prior to requestion an election, you need to prepare a list of eligible candidates within your unit. To streamline the election process, this list needs be entered into a Mowogo Elections Form. This spreadsheet can also be found on our Election Forms page. Once the candidate list is ready click the Request an OA Election link find under the Unit Election heading on the menu bar.